Sunday, June 26, 2011

So Far

     Since I arrived in England on the 12th of June I have seen the national observatory, I have touch a piece of rock 4.5 billion years old, and seen a 71 year old Beatle that is still rockin. The first three days in London were great and really can't wait to get back there next week. The things that we experienced since coming to Harlaxton are amazing. We have gone to Liverpool to see Ringo Starr and His All Star Band which included Ringo, Rick Derringer, Edgar Winter and others. The show was two hours of continues music with each performer taking his turn. I have been to Down House the home of Charles Darwin. We have been to the University of Cambridge to see Christ College the Sedgwick Museum and The Fitzwilliam Museum.I have been to Nottingham in search of Robin Hood, who everyone tells me is still alive, but as near as I can figure is about five hundred years old. Robin or not the castle and dungeons were worth the trip. I am writing this after just returning from the north sea on what the people assured us was a rare sunny and warm day. On the boardwalk we ran into a man from Nottinham that assured us that he was indeed Robin Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment